Caucasus International University
The history of Caucasus University began in 1998 when Caucasus School of Business was established. Its motto is "Studium Pretium Libertatis".
Caucasus University is an accredited higher education institution for students seeking a superior education. It curriculum is supported by participation in international programmes and by visiting professors. Engaging teaching methods are used, and these are buttressed with professional experience programs and exchange programmes for both students and scholars. Courses are delivered by internationally qualified lecturers which ensures the preparation of highly-qualified specialists in various spheres.
CU consists of various schools: Business, Law, Media, Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, Governance, Tourism, Medicine and HealthCare, New Cinema and Economics Schools. The university has the legal right to award standard and diplomacy specialist qualifications based on Georgian legislation: bachelors, masters and PhD degrees. There are also various certificate programs available at CU, including short study courses.
Caucasus University has well-established relations with many of the top European, American and Asian universities. Students are thus afforded the opportunity to participate in two way exchange programs. Students from other countries also learn with CU as regular and exchange students.
Doctor of medicine (MBBS)
October and March
5 years for academic studies
+ 1-year internship
University provides foreign students with dormatry
September intake Aug-31
March intake Jan-10
Processing time 1 to 2 month
Country Rank: #09
World Rank: 9549
- Caucasus International University was founded in Tbilisi in 2004 and is currently on track to become one of the leading medical universities in Europe.
- Both the quality of the professors and the number of students attending the university continues to increase every year.
- The teaching methods and programmes are regularly updated to ensure they are in line with European requirements.
- The university is home to wonderfully modern laboratories with all the required equipment to learn about the world of medicine.
- The university also has partnerships with highly regarded universities such as Georgia State University in the United States and Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France.
- The entire programme is taught through English and is six years in duration.
- The first two years of the programme are focussed heavily on pre-clinical areas, with the focus shifting to clinical study for years three to five.
- In the final year, there will be a year-long internship in a local hospital and completion of the state exams is also required.
- Upon completion of all requirements over the six years, students will become a Doctor of Medicine (MD) and obtain a master’s degree.
- All graduates will have ample opportunity to get great jobs in Georgia or in a hospital and country of their choosing around the world, including the UK, the USA and India.
||ANNUAL FEES ($)
||6, 000 USD
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm..
- All documents also need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.
All documents need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.