The University of Georgia
Chartered by the state of Georgia in 1785, the University of Georgia is the birthplace of public higher education in America - launching our nation's great tradition of world-class public education. What began as a commitment to inspire the next generation grows stronger today through global research, hands-on learning and extensive outreach. A top value in public higher education and research, the University of Georgia tackles some of the world's grand challenges, from combating infectious disease and creating a dependable food supply to advancing economic growth and strengthening cyber and global security.
As Georgia's flagship institution, the university is recognized for its commitment to student excellence through an emphasis on rigorous learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom, including hands-on research and leadership opportunities. These experiences contribute to the university's exceptional rates in retention, graduation and career placement. Among public universities, the University of Georgia has been one of the nation's top three producers of Rhodes Scholars over the past two decades, and its honors program is ranked as one of the top 10 in the country. The university is also home to the Peabody Awards, the most prestigious prize in electronic media.
Scholars at the University of Georgia are committed to improving quality of life for all and are leaders in pivotal fields, such as vaccine development, regenerative medicine, plant sciences and more. One of the nation's top universities for technology commercialization, the University of Georgia ranked No. 1 in 2017 for total products reaching the market, with more than 725 products to date derived from university research. The University of Georgia has been in the top 20 public universities in overall licensing revenue for 14 consecutive years, ranking No. 12 among public universities and No. 31 overall in 2017.
Medicine - MBBS
Dentistry - BDS
February and September
6,000 USD Yearly
September intake July-15
February intake Dec-15
Processing time 1 to 2 month
Country Rank: #07
World Rank: 6516
Admission at the University of Georgia (UG) is possible by filling out the Application Form and by sending all the required documents. After submission you will receive an offer letter with a unique number from the Admission's Office. Additionally, an applicant must send other required documents listed below.
For submitting the application, the Admission's Office requires the following documents:
- Copy of the passport;
- School Certificate / BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript All translated and notarized in your own country;
- Application fee payment receipt.
There's no set deadline therefore an application can be submitted any time, however, admission is possible for spring semester or fall semester. Please take note that the registration process might take up to two months, so it is better to plan accordin
Residents of the countries where English is a mother tongue are not required to present any certificate of English Language Proficiency. For other applicants, it is obligatory to present a document proving an applicant's knowledge of the language on B2 level or equivalent. If an applicant can't present the document, the University will conduct English language Placement Test.
- English Program of Business Administration (BBA)
- English Bachelor Program of Engineering (IT/Computer Science/ Civil Engineering).
- English Bachelor Program of English Philology (BA)
- Nursing for International Students (BS)
- English Bachelor program of Pharmacy (BS)
- Master of Education Administration
- English Master Program of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of International Business Law
- Dental Program in English
- English Program of Medical Education
- Program of Business Administration (BBA) (Undergraduate)- 4000 USD
- Master's Program of Business Administration (MBA) (Graduate)- 4000 USD
- Bachelor Program of Engineering (Computer Science, IT) (Undergraduate) - 4000 USD
- Nursing for International Students (Undergraduate) - 3500 USD
- Bachelor Program of Pharmacy (Undergraduate) - 4500 USD
- Dental Program in English (Single-Cycle) - 5500 USD
- Bachelor English Philology (Undergraduate) - 3000 USD
- English Program of Medical Education (Single Cycle, MD) - 6000 USD
- Master of International Business Law (LL.M) - 4000 USD
- Master of Educational Management (MA) -3500 USD
Procedure of enrollment includes the following steps:
- Translation and Notarization of all the above-mentioned documents in Georgian Language and Submission of those documents (Required documents are listed at second question above).
- Recognition of the foreign education (Minimum one Week).
- Enrollment decree by the Minister of Education and Science (Minimum Two Weeks).
As soon as the required documents are submitted by an applicant, the Admission's Office translates, notarizes and prepares documents in order to submit it at the National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement for recognition. Usually, recognition of the foreign education takes up to 3 weeks but it can be extended due to many reasons. Based on the recognition documents, the Ministry of Education and Science issues an enrollment decree. After that, an applicant will sign a contract and will officially become a student of the University of Georgia.