Bukovinian State Medical University
Bukovinian State Medical University (BSMU) is one of the largest higher educational establishments of Chernivtsi. It has recently celebrated the 65th anniversary of its foundation. It is a modern multisectoral educational institution of the IV accreditation level, included into the general register of the WHO, Magna Charta Universitatum (Bologna, Italy), the Association of the Carpathian Region Universities that provides qualified training according to the grade system of education.
Crimea State Medical Institute
History of the Medical Academy goes back to the beginning of the 21st century: in 1918 it was medical faculty of Taurida University.
In 1931 it separated and became an autonomous unit - Crimea Medical Institute.
Since 1995 the higher school has been named in honor of Sergey Ivanovich Georgievsky (rector of the institute in 1951-1970).
In 1998 the higher school became a university with the 4th (highest) accreditation level.
Throughout these years the medical school has been a center for academic and vocational medical education and medical science in the Crimea at the same time offering specialized consultation in the directions General Medicine and Pharmacy.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv is today a classic university with a distinct research profile, and the leading contemporary academic and educational hub of Ukraine. With the independent Ukrainian nation arising, the University is facing new challenges and responsibilities. The academic experts of the future can be identified by a thorough professional knowledge and the ability to think creatively, with an understanding of the massive responsibility to be taken when working at the leading-edge of academic thought.
Danylo Halytski Lviv State Medical University
The history of Lviv Medical University goes back to 1661, when on 20 January the Jesuit Collegium in Lviv by the privilege of Polish King John II Casimir acquired the status of academy. It consisted of four departments and was awarded the title of the university. However, until the break-up of the university in 1773, the full-blown medical department was not established.
On 16 November 1784, according to the privilege of the Austrian emperor Joseph II, signed on 21 October 1784, Lviv University was revived with four faculties: theology, philosophy, law and medicine. Since then Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University started counting its age.
read moreDownload pdf